Sunday, March 9, 2008

Podcast Feed, etc

Hi all,

I have recorded three files, which I will add to what you all have already done. I may re-record at some point, because I wasn't able to get a computer with GarageBand, so my material is without music, and my story doesn't have the animal sound effects.

What I propose we do is to delete the other posts, post each file as a separate blog post, and then embed the feed chicklet in a dummy library page (which I will create, or, if I don't get to it, at any rate we still have the blog and the feedburner feed).

I have put the files up on my server space, except for Heather's booktalk, which I somehow missed, but will do shortly. I am going to post each file as a link in a separate blog post, so we should therefore create a separate instance of each in a reader. VoilĂ , a podcast.

I took the liberty of doing a little editing (e.g. smoothing the music to voice transitions and adjusting the levels to make the vocal louder relative to intro/outro muzak). A little more editing probably wouldn't hurt. I also added a bit of metadata to identify the tracks, which will show up if the user is playing them in iTunes or MediaPlayer. For instance, they will all be grouped as an album now, so they won't get spread all over the music library if they are downloaded.

What we have left, I think, is to see about getting them to work in the Apple Store, to create a presentation, and maybe to give the project a bit of context and theoretical sustainability.

Will

No comments: